Thursday, August 19, 2010

3 Months!

I made it to the 3-month mark on Tuesday! I celebrated by teaching my first class last night. Three hours of me talking . . . which, at my speed, works out to about six hours of normal talking. I remember when I first got the braces how I worried about being able to talk with them for hearings, trials, the class, etc. And it was hard in the beginning. But, I realized I didn't think about my braces once during the three hours last night. Woohoo! Of course, I still want the surgery done and these things off asap!:)

Not much else to say. Very excited about reaching another month-mark. I go in for my next adjustment next week. Hoping everything is progressing well!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shaye!
    I could sit and talk to for hours about employment laws pros, cons, this and that...I imagine that that field is very "brisk" now days! Anyway, next week, me and you cranking down the wires! I look forward to it too, at least there something new in progress... Last night I got the guts to actually watch the surgery...have you done that?
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Cheers,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brent!

    I absolutely love employment law, which is good because I spend so much time focused on it.:) From your posts, it sounds like you have an amazing boss and enjoy your job . . . such a blessing. It sounds like she's helping on the insurance front. I'll keep praying, crossing fingers, etc. that it all works out!

    Okay, so I hadn't watched the videos until you mentioned it and - oh my gosh! - so NOT a good idea. I actually haven't been freaked out about the actual procedure, but that'll definitely do it. I also tend to get light-headed and pass out at the sight of blood, so I'll just take the drugs and leave the details to the professionals.:)

    Here's to happy adjustments this week!

    Shaye

    ReplyDelete