Monday, February 21, 2011

Motrin!!!

Just a quick post to comment about something I just discovered in the past few days. Motrin is GREAT for reducing swelling. My surgeon had recommended I use Motrin but I didn't use it much at first because it didn't help the headaches so I used other things like Tylenol, etc. -- things that didn't contain the same anti-inflammatory component. In the past two weeks or so, though, I've been having a hard time sleeping through the night. So, I went to the store to buy something to help me sleep. The Motrin PM was cheaper than the Tylenol PM, so I went with that (as a side note, I quickly learned to take it before going to bed and NOT after midnight when I woke up -- talk about a drowsy morning!). The next morning, while washing my face, I noticed that it didn't hurt as much (when I wash my face it hurts a bit when I put pressure on it to massage in the soap). Didn't think too much about it at first. Then, for the rest of the day, people kept commenting that my face looked less swollen. I've started to pay attention and it's true! On the days when I don't take it, my face looks more swollen than it does on the days when I don't take it. I know it's not all that scientific, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case it might help someone else.

Hope everyone is well!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, thanks for the info!! I will keep that in mind definitely! :-)

    ReplyDelete