Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. It's crazy how quickly time has flown by since the surgery. It's already been over 6 months!!! I've tried to post on different people's blogs (Brent, Makay, Dani, Tina, etc.) but blogger won't let me do it for some reason -- I'll type in the authentication words over and over again and it won't post. Annoying. Anyhow, I'm super excited for all of your progress. I can't believe Makay's braces are off (yay!!!), Dani and Tina are well past surgery, and Brent is on his way there any day!!!
In other news, I have my debracing date!!! I was so excited when they told me. The only thing is that I've noticed that one of my teeth is turning in so I have to go back this week to make sure they can fix it before the debracing date. After all of this, I want to make sure it's done right. But, if all goes as planned, my braces will be off before I start teaching again later next month (I feel like I lose just a little credibility with braces . . . but, they do make you look younger ;))!!! I'll have to wear a retainer 24/7 for a year and then only at night after that. As much as it would be awesome to not have to wear the retainer all the time, it's way better than braces AND I want to do what they tell me to do!
Here's my question, though. What type of retainer to get?! There are so many options. Traditional? Clear (like Invisalign -- can only wear those during the day and have to have traditional at night, so it's more money but less visible)? Or, do I go with a permanent one on the bottom? Has anyone had a permanent one? What are the pros/cons?
Would love to hear your thoughts re retainers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay! I am so excited for you. I am so jealous and cannot wait to be at that point. I can't wait to get these babies off for GOOD! After I get mine off I am definitely doing the clear retainer on top, traditional at night with a permanent retainer on the bottom. I am not going to go another year of my life wearing a little metal wire across my teeth 24/7. I think I would end up not wearing it ever and then I would ruin my progress. Maybe I am just picky though! I juts don't want any visible wires anymore.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS! So happy to hear! You have to post pics when they come off! I would get whatever retainer(s) are the least noticable. You spent a fortune on the braces anyhow so may as well finish them off right!
ReplyDeleteI would def do the removable clear retainer on top and the permanent lower lingual retainer on bottom. The lower retainer is not noticeable at all. The only thing is that you do have to floss with a floss threader around it to keep it clean but its pretty easy....compared to keeping the braces clean. :) I am a dental assistant and most patients prefer that combination and it seems to work well.
ReplyDelete