Monday, August 23, 2010

Third Adjustment

I just returned from a weekend in LA -- a little relaxation with my sister and some friends. This morning, I had my third adjustment. We've moved on to the "heavy" wires. It was definitely different putting them in -- a lot more effort and this time the Dr. did it instead of his assistants. He said it'll hurt a little more this time, so we'll see. I actually don't mind the tightening -- the more it hurts, the more I'm hoping it's working faster!:)

At my next appointment, he's going to do new molds so he can see where I'm at and do so "fine tuning." I like the sound of those words, even if I don't actually know if they're good or bad. He said it looks like I'm on track for my surgery date, which made me VERY excited. I know things can change. But, for now, I'm choosing to stay positive and hope that adds some energy to getting these things into the right place so I can move onto the next part of this process. The only difficult part was choosing my next appointment. My ortho will be out of the office for 2 weeks -- 4 and 5 weeks from now. I normally go in every 4 weeks. He said I could come in early (at 3 weeks), which I liked better than waiting until week 6. Here's to hoping that's enough time!

Anyhow, I hope everyone is doing well with their adjustments or surgery recovery or whatever stage you're in. I'll follow up again soon!

5 comments:

  1. So true about the tightening- the pain means it is working! WOO HOO! :) And that means you are a step closer to surgery. :)

    I am so excited for you! That is awesome you are still on date for your surgery. :)

    Not long girl.

    Hang in there.

    Love, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the date for your surgery? I remember getting that thicker wire put on and it's painful at first but you get used to it really fast! God luck with everything. Sounds like you are right on track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shaye!
    Got my adjustment today...they put in wirezilla so I can relate to your story! Ug, kinda an instant discomfort! Anyway...my guy says 8 more month tell surgery..and no mention of molds...you might hit the surgery before me!
    How are you feeling today?
    Regards,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brent! The heavy wire feels okay. It pokes at the back a bit, but I'm good with that as long as it's working. I feel like it's going from baby teeth to adult teeth. How's it working for you? How is the insurance situation going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shaye!
    Man, your teeth must be moving a light speed! I got the heavier wire in, but it's not poking out the back yet. Teeth are feeling better though. Insurance is pretty much D.O.A. but my boss has offered to help me in some way...
    Have a great weekend!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete