In some ways, it feels like I've always had my braces. In most ways, though, it feels like I just got them yesterday. As I've gotten older, the idea of time passing by quickly gets a little more scary. BUT, when it comes to braces, time moving fast is a fabulous thing!!! As of last Friday, I have had braces for seven months. My surgery is in less than a month. It's exciting, scary, overwhelming and surreal all at the same time. I'm SO ready to move onto the next stage of this process and to be one step closer to getting these braces off. But, I will admit, I'm a little scared. Not so much about the surgery. I'm grateful doctors choose to go into anesthesia. But, I am nervous about the recovery. Reading other blogs has been a great way to prepare myself. But, it's also reinforced my understanding that the first week after surgery will be no fun at all and that there will be several moments of frustration in the weeks following surgery. BUT, the great thing about reading other blogs is that I'm able to see everyone get through the rough times and still be glad they went through the process and came out the other end much happier.
I'll do my best to keep everyone updated as I get closer to surgery and to follow up with posts as soon as possible after surgery. Wishing everyone a peaceful, healthy, joy-filled holiday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am sooooo excited for you! Make sure you feel us in on your pre-op visit! :)
ReplyDeleteLove, Makay
Wow! 7 months is a short time!! Congrats! When is your surgery date?
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! I can't imagine how anxious I will be when the countdown gets to one month!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! I can't believe it's just over a week away!!! I'm starting to have serious freak-out moments but am trying to take inspiration from all of the other jaw bloggers.:)
ReplyDelete