Just wanted to check in, say hi, give updates, and share just a few of the things that make me thankful (seemed appropriate given the holiday and all). As of almost two weeks ago, I've been in braces for 6 months!!! In some ways it seems like I just got them on, but in others it seems like I've always had them (which is a weird thought). Anyhow, I'm very happy with how quickly my teeth have moved and for the patience my orthodontist has shown in the face of my frequently audible impatience. I'm less than two months away from my surgery date. I have my pre-opp appointments set and am starting to figure out how I need to prepare. Mainly, I'm trying to prepare myself mentally for the first week post-opp, which seems to be the most mentally challenging (not to mention physically painful) for almost everyone. Reading other blogs will hopefully help get me through that time. And, I plan to blog throughout it to help others who will be going through the same thing shortly.
I really am thankful to God for getting me to the place where I finally agreed to do this and am getting closer to finishing it. I'm thankful for my friends & family who have supported me as I've become pseudo-obsessed with the process . . . and I'm just generally thankful for them every day for so many other reasons. I'm thankful for my job for allowing me the ability to do this. Finally, I'm thankful for my fellow bloggers who help make this process a little less scary.
Happy (late) Thanksgiving everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice post, Shaye! Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I hope you ate as much as I did! Best meal of the year... :-D
ReplyDelete